TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Phone Prefix 620-924

Phone Prefix 620-924

Carl Moore (cmoore@ARL.ARMY.MIL)
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:16:40 EST

Some time ago (in Telecom Digest?) I saw reference to 924 prefix
at Liberty. I just looked up 620-924 and find that to be LINCOLNVILLE.
(using 2004 nanpa.com data)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: For those who do not know, Liberty, KS
is a _tiny_ little 'wide spot' in the road southeast of Independence,
population about a hundred souls, a Methodist Church, the obligatory
road house and a gasoline station. Dobson Cellular One also has its
antennas there. 620-924 _does_ ring in there but only as DID-type
lines for some of the cell phones based out of there. I think 620-485
picks up the rest of Liberty. 620-924 is or was a lot like 620-870
which was a sort of 'local area toll free' exchange. Cingular
Wireless had a bunch of customers on 620-870 (including my own cell
phone at one time) then one day Cingular Wireless sent me a note
saying 'our agreement with SBC is no longer in effect; to keep your
present number you will need to pay extra; otherwise we are going to
put your cell phone on 620-330, an Independence number.' I have not
seen any Alltel or United States Cellular phones on 620-924 for a
long time now. I think SBC took that away from those carriers also.
PAT]

Go to Next message: John Bartley: "Help: Hookflash and Ground Start Analog CO Trunks From PABX"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: New Monopoly in Dept Stores -- Federated and May Co to Merge"
May be reply: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Phone Prefix 620-924"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page