TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Other Firmware For Linksys wrt54g? Satori

Other Firmware For Linksys wrt54g? Satori

pattyjamas@hotmail.com
27 Feb 2005 12:21:39 -0800

I have put in a few wireless routers but never got into the internals.
I now have one in my home and will be adding a Range Extender.

I possess a WRT54G, running Windows 2000 and uploaded the latest
firmware (version 3+ dated Dec 2004 I think) from Linksys.com.

In reading the latest PC Mag, I ran across an interesting article on
the Satori firmware and extra options it adds. (www.linksys.org)

A few questions:

1. Is this the best choice of stable firmware for my WRT54G to add new
options, perhaps increase signal power (if it really works) and tweak
other necessary parameters for best performance/range?

2. Are there other firmware vendors worth looking at on linksys.org?

Thank you,

Patty

Go to Next message: 3726414@spamhole.com: "How to Use Voicepulse VOIP With VPN?"
Go to Previous message: pattyjamas@hotmail.com: "Do Additional Users of Wireless Router Signal Affect Signal?"
May be reply: John Bartley: "Re: Other Firmware For Linksys wrt54g? Satori"
May be reply: gary: "Re: Other Firmware For Linksys wrt54g? Satori"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page