TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Content Management, was Re: Are ISPs Blocking VoIP Calls?

Content Management, was Re: Are ISPs Blocking VoIP Calls?

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 06:37:23 UTC

In <telecom24.85.6@telecom-digest.org> Tony
P. <kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net> writes:

> But if an ISP starts blocking other providers of a service, they're
> practicing content management. Granted, they can do this so the
> consumer should vote with their feet and ditch blocking ISP's.

You think that's interference? How's about this from Verizon:

"3. You may NOT use the Service as follows:...
"(j) to damage the name or reputation of Verizon, its parent, affiliates
and subsidiaries, or any third parties; "

http://www.verizon.net/policies/vzcom/tos_popup.asp [a]

da
nny ' sounds pretty close to a content description ' burstein

[a] dunno if that url will work directly. if not, start with:
www.verizon.net/fios/

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: Carl: "Motorola A780 Operating System Hangs"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Internet Fame Is Cruel Mistress for a Dancer of the Numa Numa"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Are ISPs Blocking VoIP Calls?"