TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Withholding the Telephone Tax

Re: Withholding the Telephone Tax

J Kelly (jkelly@newsguy.com)
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:21:06 -0600

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:51:54 EST, TELECOM Digest Editor
<ptownson@telecom-digest.org> wrote:

> Some folks are not aware of it, but you _can_ withhold (refuse to pay)
> that federal tax which is added to your phone bill each month, and the
> telephone company _cannot_ disconnect your service. Let's say for
> example, you have personal grievances or problems with President
> Bush's Religious War against Islam in Iraq, or his pending (soon to
> start almost any day) attack against Iran for similar bogus reasons.

I think you have a 'hidden' agenda with this post, but it isn't all
that well hidden. Your only point was that you have a problem with
President Bush, am I right? I thought you were done preaching your
political views in this group and we were getting back to the TELECOM
Digest.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Oh, gosh ... you caught me in the act!
I don't hide very well, do I? Actually I was discussing the very
odious telephone tax and used my own feelings about the very odious
and (you fill in this blank) person who occupies the White House at
the present time as a good reason for not paying the tax. I suppose I
could have divorced the two issues, but that would have been quite
illogical wouldn't it? PAT]

Go to Next message: Arvind: "Research Labs"
Go to Previous message: Dave Garland: "Re: Withholding the Telephone Tax"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Withholding the Telephone Tax"