TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'

Re: Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'

DevilsPGD (ihatespam@crazyhat.net)
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:09:42 -0700

In message <telecom24.68.9@telecom-digest.org> Paul Timmins
<paul@timmins.net> wrote:

> That's what gets me. Last I remember, to qualify as a common carrier, an
> ISP isn't allowed to exact any sort of traffic control beyond what is
> necessary to maintain the stability of the network. Anything more and it
> could be seen as having the ability to control its content, and would be
> vicariously liable for crimes committed over its infrastructure and
> services.

> Isn't that still the case?

ISPs are not common carriers.

Go to Next message: Carl Moore: "Detroit: America's Rejection Capital"
Go to Previous message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'"