TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Telecom Update (Canada) #468, February 11, 2005

Re: Telecom Update (Canada) #468, February 11, 2005

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:27:05 -0800

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:34:57 -0500, Angus TeleManagement
<jriddell@angustel.ca> wrote:

> EUROPEAN CELLULAR PENETRATION HITS 80%: Eurostat, an agency of the
> European Union, reports that Europe now has 80 mobile telephone
> subscriptions for every 100 inhabitants. Cellular penetration by
> country ranges from 45.5% (Poland) to 120.2% (Luxembourg).

Pardon my lack of understanding but how can *anything* be 120.2%? You
can't have more than 100% which means totally covered can you or can
you?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I am one person, but I have two cell
phones (one that I only rarely if ever use.) Would having those two
cell phones mean that I was 200 percent covered on cell phones? I
think what the article meant to say was there are now 120.2 cell
phones for every hundred inhabitants, which would get the 120.2 %
they have. PAT]

Go to Next message: C.W.: "Re: National ID Card is Almost Ready For Us"
Go to Previous message: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Click Fraud Looms As Search-Engine Threat"
May be in reply to: Angus TeleManagement: "Telecom Update (Canada) #468, February 11, 2005"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page