TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Looking For Hands Free Telephone System For Entire House

Re: Looking For Hands Free Telephone System For Entire House

Hank Karl (notgiven@nothere.com)
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:20:05 -0500

On 28 Jan 2005 01:34:30 -0800, kkancler@etownsend.com wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas? Have you seen such a thing? Know of any
> vendors?

> For my house, I would like a hands free phone system so that I may walk
> from room to room while still being able to talk via a speakerphone
> type device.

> Kind Regards,

> Kris@*onlyhcm.com
> To reply directly, please take out the * from the addy

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Have you considered a cordless phone
> with a headset (and caller ID and built in tapeless answering machine
> in the base unit)? Uniden has one; they were selling them through Costco
> stores for around fifty dollars. You wear the headset, and clip the
> phone on your belt. PAT]

The Uniden system I got at Costco is 2.4Ghz, has three handsets and a
headset. The base unit and each handset each can be speakerphones.
IIRC, it was more than fifty dollars.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, the one a friend got for me at
Costco in Oregon is just like that but has only one handset (which is
all I really need since it can go all through my house) and one base
and I think he paid around fifty dollars for the whole package. PAT]

Go to Next message: fake@fake.com: "Re: Do Allow Under-9s to Use a Mobile"
Go to Previous message: Garrett Wollman: "Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates"
May be in reply to: kkancler@etownsend.com: "Looking For Hands Free Telephone System For Entire House"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page