TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Format For Image to be Faxed?

Re: Format For Image to be Faxed?

Daniel J McDonald (djmcdona@fnord.io.com)
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:04:16 -0600

In article <telecom24.48.2@telecom-digest.org>, AES
<siegman@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Pardon me if this is a bit off topic, but I suspect someone on one or
> the other of these groups may have the answer immediately at hand:

> If I want to fax a B&W or, more likely, a gray-scale image from within
> my computer (Apple iBook, using the internal modem), into what format
> (JPEG? GIF? ???) should I convert the image and at what resolution (72
> dpi?) before I fax it, to get the best balance of image sharpness and
> transmission time?

Fax machines use the TIFF format. I'm not certain of the resolution.

Daniel J McDonald CCIE # 2495, CNX
Visit my website: http://www.austinnetworkdesign.com

Go to Next message: Mark Crispin: "Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Format For Image to be Faxed?"
May be in reply to: AES: "Format For Image to be Faxed?"