TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Invalid Number Tones

Invalid Number Tones

L. Hao (lhao@NOSPAMcomcast.net)
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:30:41 -0800

I need to design an algorithm to detect call progress. For example, it
needs to figure out whether the call hits a live person, an answering
machine, a fax machine, and etc. But among all these things, I am
having trouble finding the spec for this so-called invalid
number. When you dial an invalid number, you normally get a tone
followed by " the number you just dialed ...". Can anyone tell me where
I can find the spec for this tone? Or better yet, if anyone can share
his/her methods of detecting it, it'd be great.

Thanks for the help.

Li

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: America the Worst For Cell Rates and Plans"
Go to Previous message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "SBC, AT&T Tout Synergies"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Invalid Number Tones"
May be reply: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Invalid Number Tones"
May be reply: Brad Houser: "Re: Invalid Number Tones"
May be reply: L Hao: "Re: Invalid Number Tones"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page