TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates

Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates

David Clayton (dcstar@XYZ.myrealbox.com)
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:30:16 +1100

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 10:12 -0800, Joseph wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:54:02 -0500, Tony P.
> <kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net> wrote:

>> In article <telecom24.44.9@telecom-digest.org>, rob51166@yahoo.com
>> says:

>>> Yes you would. You own a TV set capable of receiving BBC. Regardless
>>> of whether it's NTSC or otherwise it makes no difference these days
>>> with modern TV sets.

>> I beg to differ. NTSC and PAL are two different animals. The UK and it's
>> more recent colonies use PAL if I'm not mistaken. North and South
>> America use NTSC.

> It's *generally" true that NTSC is used in the Americas. It's also
> generally true that NTSC is used in the far east with the major
> exception being the PRC (China.)

> http://kropla.com/tv.htm (world television standards)

I think the original point many have been to say that a lot of PAL TV
sets these days seem to have in-built NTSC capability, and I would
imagine that a lot sold in NTSC markets also have PAL.

Regards,

David Clayton, e-mail: dcstar@XYZ.myrealbox.com
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
(Remove the "XYZ." to reply)

Dilbert's words of wisdom #18: Never argue with an idiot. They drag you
down to their level then beat you with experience.

Go to Next message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: $47,000 per Line Installation Cost"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Who Does DA For Cox Communications?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page