TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New SBC Yellow Pages

Re: New SBC Yellow Pages

Wesrock@aol.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:13:30 EST

In a message dated Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:08:40 -0800, Linc Madison
<lincmad@suespammers.org> writes:

> I just got my copy of the brand new SBC yellow pages for San Francisco.

> Why is that even newsworthy? Well, perhaps because the "old" one came
> out in December 2004.

> They've completely changed the physical format. The new book has much
> smaller pages, about 7.5 x 9 inches. The old one is the more
> traditional size, around 9.5 x 11 inches. They both have cover dates of
> December 2004, and are approximately the same thickness (~ 1.6").

> I s'pose they save about 1/3 on paper and ink costs, as well as
> shipping. I wonder if this is the beginning of a trend.

> Two or three years ago, I believe it was, SBC committed the serious
> gaffe of misspelling the name of one of the suburbs listed on the
> directory cover: DAILY City instead of DALY City.

SBC has been issuing books in both formats in Oklahoma City, and
I assume other Southwestern Bell cities, for a number of years. The
smaller book is lighter in weight and takes up less space in your
trunk.

The non-Bell directory publisher (Fesit) also puts out books in both
sizes in Oklahoma City.

From both publishers, the two sizes contain the same information. I
have the small size from both publishers in my car, and the large size
at home.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: New SBC Yellow Pages"
Go to Previous message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Do Allow Under-9s to Use a Mobile"
May be in reply to: Linc Madison: "New SBC Yellow Pages"