TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Review: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Ineffective

Re: Review: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Ineffective

Dave Garland (dave.garland@wizinfo.com)
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:01:41 -0600

It was a dark and stormy night when Justin Time <a_user2000@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Oh, the site refers you to a KBxxxxxx but doesn't tell you what a KB
> is.

They indeed don't get very descriptive, but if they did it would
probably just intimidate and/or go over the head of the average user.
KB in that context stands for "Knowledge Base" and if you search on
the MS site for KBxxxxxx you'll probably find a page that gives the
supporting tech info, describes the problem the patch is intended to
fix, etc.

(I can't believe I just made a post defending Microsoft.)

Go to Next message: Gary Novosielski: "Re: Review: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Ineffective"
Go to Previous message: Rich Greenberg: "Re: Review: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Ineffective"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Review: Microsoft Anti-Spyware Ineffective"