TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Radar Detectors

Re: Radar Detectors

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:23:35 -0800

abbygale wrote:

> If you research the issue, you'll find that locales fond of the
> 'red-light cameras' have nearly all decreased the "yellow" times to
> make the systems more *profitable*. It's about revenue, not safety and
> it's just another tax.

I've about had it with those stupid intersections around here. Most
have reasonable timing, but some don't. This is the big, empty Mojave
Desert, and we do have SURFACE streets with speed limits of 60 and
even 65 mph here (granted, the 65 mph highway is US 395 coming out of
this area into the middle of nowhere, but it's still a 65 mph,
*two-lane* highway). There are certain intersections where, if I see
the light turn yellow, I only have a few seconds to slam on my
brakes. Disgusting.

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)

Go to Next message: HorneTD: "Re: Radar Detectors"
Go to Previous message: Jack Decker: "VoicePulse Expands Coverage in Michigan (Press Release)"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page