TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Moved But Want to Keep Phone Number

Re: Moved But Want to Keep Phone Number

Tim@Backhome.org
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:54:09 -0800

odahs@galaway.com wrote:

>> Switch carriers in Oregon with an Oregon dealer. It is *local* number
>> portability.

> That was my Plan B. I was hoping to spare myself the time and expense
> of a trip if I could avoid it. Has anyone found a way around this?

> Can I call up some dealers in Oregon, and switch carriers over the
> phone, but have them send me a new phone and/or SIM card to a
> California address? Would they go for this?

If the carrier follows the rules, your billing address has to be
within the market area eligible for the LPN transfer. The dealer
really has little to do with it.

Go to Next message: Danny Burstein: "Major US ISP Refusing European E-Mail Attempts"
Go to Previous message: Mister E: "VOIP Review in PC Magazine"
May be in reply to: odahs@galaway.com: "Moved But Want to Keep Phone Number"