TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: SBC Readies Net Phone Service

Re: SBC Readies Net Phone Service

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:48:19 -0800

Jack Decker wrote:

> SBC inched closer this week to launching an Internet phone service for
> homes by signing a two-year deal with New York-based deltathree to
> provide much of the service's nuts and bolts.

The question is how quickly they'll be able to screw people out of
their money, considering that this is not a regulated service and
people will therefore have less recourse when SBC fails to properly
provide the service (for example, when they break something).

"Oh. We never promised you'd be able to MAKE calls with this service!";)

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)

Go to Next message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Moved But Want to Keep Phone Number"
Go to Previous message: Rob: "Re: Jerry Springer - The Opera"
May be in reply to: (no name): "SBC Readies Net Phone Service"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page