TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Calling Canada is an International Call?

Re: Calling Canada is an International Call?

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:36:09 -0500

quickcur@yahoo.com wrote:

> So I joined. The rates for calling everywhere in US is 10C/minute.
> Last month I called Canada. Now I got the bill and found out that this
> plan charges Canada call as international call and it is $1.32/minute.

People have already made plenty of comments about the $2 charge for
calls to 1-800 numbers bit, so I won't go there. However, if you plan
on making calls to Canada more frequently, and you have broadband
service already, you might want to consider just ditching the local and
LD phone company altogether and going with one of the many VoIP
providers. Nearly all of them include unlimited calls to Canada as part
of their monthly charge for the service, along with the entire US. The
monthly cost can range from $20 to $40 depending on who you go with,
usually on par with the cost of local phone service with a decent
feature set.

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Go to Next message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Young Cell Users Rack Up Debt, One Dime Message at a Time"
Go to Previous message: ukcats4218016@yahoo.com: "Re: Level 3's VoIP Services Offer Critical E-911 Capability"
May be in reply to: quickcur@yahoo.com: "Calling Canada is an International Call?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page