TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Using Cell Phone as Pager

Re: Using Cell Phone as Pager

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:05:34 -0800

Joseph wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:00:44 -0600, joe <joe@wmdesign.net> wrote:

>> I was wondering if it would be possible to get her a smartphone that
>> she could use as a pager depending on which location she is at. So
>> instead of carrying the 4-South pager, she could push some key
>> combination on her phone that would receive pages directed to the
>> 4-South pager.

> I can't speak for all mobile services but I know that with T-Mobile
> you can press 1 for a callback/page so someone could just put their
> phone to not ring and just forward immediately to voicemail and have
> in your outgoing message. This is is Joe. Please press 1 to leave a
> callback number. I will call you back as soon as possible.

I think the numeric feature can be found at all the major carriers at
this point. I have it on Sprint, I had it on Verizon and Alltel, AT&T
and Cingular have it ...

Sprint and AT&T (and I think Cingular) also default to sending the
number you sent via Caller ID as the numeric page, if you don't have
CID blocked.

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)

Go to Next message: J.P. Wing: "Re: Executone PBX and a Problem"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Using Cell Phone as Pager"
May be in reply to: joe: "Using Cell Phone as Pager"