TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AT&T Recordings: Synthesized or Actual Person?

Re: AT&T Recordings: Synthesized or Actual Person?

Rudy Valencia (rudyvalencia@gmail.com)
2 Jan 2005 20:18:56 -0800

Diamond Dave wrote:

> On 1 Jan 2005 20:59:34 -0800, Rudy Valencia <rudyvalencia@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I am wanting to know if this AT&T voice is real or synthesized, please
>> listen and respond.

>> http://www.dmine.com/phworld/sounds/modern/att/attflood.ram
>> http://www.dmine.com/phworld/sounds/modern/att/atthur.ram

>> (Both recordings feature the same voice, but two different phrases)

> Considering I operate the website where you found these, I feel that I
> should respond.

> As far as I know, all AT&T recordings are real people and are not
> synthesized.

> In times past, most of these were recorded by the late Jane Barbe or
> Pat Trumbull (Trumble?), now recently remarried and goes by the name
> Pat Fleet.

> However, I don't know the name of the person who made those
> recordings, nor most of the ones you find on the AT&T network these
> days.

> In addition, recordings from the older 4ESS tandems are stored in
> analog, while I think that the more modern 4ESS tandems have their
> recordings in digital format.

> Hope this helps.

> Dave Perrusel
> Webmaster - Telephone World
> http://www.dmine.com/phworld

Hi,

I did some research (Google: "AT&T recordings"), and it leads me to
believe (though I am not sure) that they were recorded by this person
(perhaps with a different inflection):

http://www.greatvoiceco.com/index.html (Click "Hear Samples" and then
"Susan")

Other links point to this Telecom Digest thread, and to (former) AT&T
Wireless error recordings.

-- Rudy Valencia (rudyvalencia@gmail.com)

Go to Next message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Analysis: Big Changes Lie Ahead for Telecom Sector"
Go to Previous message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Apple's iPod Raises Bar For Digital Music Players"
May be in reply to: Rudy Valencia: "AT&T Recordings: Synthesized or Actual Person?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page