TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cromwell vrs. Sprint Settlement

Re: Cromwell vrs. Sprint Settlement

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:22:53 -0500

TELECOM Digest Editor wrote:

> 19 cents per minute ???
> $2.85 payphone surcharge ???

> I dunno, somewhere I read that Sprint was supposed to be so much
> cheaper than AT&T ...

They are! that is, if you're using one of their calling plans other
then their highest tariffed rates. :)

> of course I know this card was *free*, but
> still, is the above their 'typical' rates?

No, currently Sprint is very big on bundle or unlimited plans. Pay a
set amount per months and get an unlimited number of LD minutes. The
actual rate charged would of course vary depending on your usage, since
you're paying a set amount that covers all of your calls for the month.

For purposes of this settltment, they probably took the highest tariff
they have on file and used that on these cards. Still as you've said,
it's "free" and you're not paying for it.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Yeah, but $2.85 surcharge on a pay
phone call? That's totally ridiculous. I could see thirty or fifty
cents surcharge, but $2.85? If you call an 800 number from a Sprint-
controlled payphone -- let's say in northeast Kansas where they took
over United Tel, is that the amount they charge to the owner of the
800 number? Or are there different surcharge amounts in use,
depending on the tariff? PAT]

Go to Next message: Weston Fire 22: "Re: Motorola MD481 Cordless"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Cromwell vrs. [sic] Sprint Settlement"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Cromwell vrs. Sprint Settlement"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page