TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: DirecTV Not Honoring Tivo Lifetime Service

Re: DirecTV Not Honoring Tivo Lifetime Service

jmeissen@aracnet.com
21 Dec 2004 22:16:26 GMT

In article <telecom23.611.12@telecom-digest.org>, Michael Muderick
<michael.muderick@verizon.net> wrote:

> Pat is correct in his answer. The lifetime guarantee should be
> honored.

It seems that these days the decision to honor commitments is at the
whim of whoever is in charge. I have stopped doing business with
McAfee (Network Associates now?) because if a similar incident. A
friend had paid a premium for an anti-virus product with "Free
Lifetime Upgrades". We had to rebuild his system because of a
hard-drive failure, and after re-installing the software it failed to
update. Several layers of "customer support" would only tell us "You
have to buy the latest version". We threw it in the trash and
installed the free version of Avast! (http://www.avast.com/).

John Meissen jmeissen@aracnet.com

Go to Next message: Lee Sweet: "More on TiVo and Lifetime Subscriptions"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: DIrectv Not Honoring Tivo Lifetime Service"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page