TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: What Tandem in Telcom Means?

What Tandem in Telcom Means?

Jack (jack@invalid.inv)
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:31:01 -0500

I am new to telcom. I came across the term Tandem many times (eg. LEC
Access Tandem).

What exactly does Tandem mean?

Is there any good book or website that would help me understand basic
concepts?

TIA!

Jack

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You might try checking on the net for
a group of books called "Lee's ABC of Telephones". That's a good
start. PAT]

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: DIrectv Not Honoring Tivo Lifetime Service"
Go to Previous message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Cromwell vrs. Sprint Settlement"
May be reply: John McHarry: "Re: What Tandem in Telcom Means?"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: What Tandem in Telcom Means?"
May be reply: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: What Tandem in Telcom Means?"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: What Tandem in Telcom Means?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page