TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Kevin Mitnick Recalled

Re: Kevin Mitnick Recalled

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 00:57:23 UTC

In <telecom23.593.6@telecom-digest.org> Lisa Minter
<lisa_minter2001@yahoo.com> writes:

> Rummaging around through the Telecom Archives, I found two interesting
> items on Kevin Mitnick. I wonder if anyone knows what he has been
> doing since 1997 or whenever he got out of prison.

From a recent post I made to another group:

Subject: Mitnick using his powers for Good. Demonstrates Windows probs

"Surfing the Web has never been more risky.

"Simply connecting to the Internet -- and doing nothing else --
exposes your PC to non-stop, automated break-in attempts by intruders
looking to take control of your machine surreptitiously.

"While most break-in tries fail, an unprotected PC can get hijacked
within minutes of accessing the Internet.

"'It's a hostile environment out there,' says tech security consultant
Kevin Mitnick, who served five years in prison for breaking into
corporate computer systems in the mid-1990s. "Attackers have become
extremely indiscriminate."

[ snippety snip ]

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/computersecurity/hacking/2004-11-29-honeypot_x.htm

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Kevin Mitnick Recalled"
Go to Previous message: LSmithsonvqm@hotmail.com: "Re: EarthLink High Speed Internet Service Ranked Highest"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Kevin Mitnick Recalled"