TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage Voice Quality Getting Worse?

Re: Vonage Voice Quality Getting Worse?

Pete Romfh (spamblocked@yourISP.com)
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 09:39:44 -0600

John R Levine wrote:

> I've had Vonage phone service for nearly two years,
> running over the T1 in my office. For the most part
> voice quality has been pretty good. Recently I've found
> it's often just plain lousy, distortions and dropouts bad
> enough that I switch to my cell phone which sounds better.

> It seems to be worse in the evening (eastern time). I
> looked at some local link statistics and the local
> connection doesn't seem to be particularly congested, and
> traceroutes show a path from my ISP through Sprint to the
> peering point where Vonage connects, with no big delays,

> Have other people had voice quality problems with Vonage?

> Regards,

> John Levine johnl@iecc.com Primary Perpetrator of The
> Internet for Dummies, Information Superhighwayman wanna-
> be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor "I dropped the
> toothpaste", said Tom, crestfallenly.

I haven't noticed any major change here in Houston. Cisco-186A behind
Buffalo router over 1.2Mbps DSL.

Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org

Go to Next message: LSmithsonvqm@hotmail.com: "Re: EarthLink High Speed Internet Service Ranked Highest"
Go to Previous message: David Clayton: "Re: Radar Detectors"
May be in reply to: John R Levine: "Vonage Voice Quality Getting Worse?"