TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Calling Card Needed -- Short Interaction Sequence

Re: Calling Card Needed -- Short Interaction Sequence

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:35:20 -0700

In message <telecom23.593.4@telecom-digest.org> Danny Burstein
<dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>> Even OneSuite charges 55 cents from payphone.
>> But for that 55 cents you can make multiple successive calls.

> Then their billing arrangement is broken. The FCC regs are that the
> pay phone operator gets their kickback of (usually about $0.30 [a])
> for _each_ call. If you (typically) hit the " * " button on the keypad
> to tell your phonecard service to let you make a second call without
> having to hangup and redial the whole kit and kaboodle, the FCC regs
> treat that one as, yes, a second call, with an additional $0.30.

Interesting, do you know what defines when a second call starts?

Peter: I read a book about this sort of thing once.
Brian: Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?
Peter: Oh yeah.

Go to Next message: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: Calling Card Needed -- Short Interaction Sequence"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: What's VOip With Pictures Called?"
May be in reply to: Dr. Edward F Gehringer: "Calling Card Needed -- Short Interaction Sequence"