TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Radar Detectors

Re: Radar Detectors

Ron Chapman (ronchapman@wideopenwest.com)
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 23:42:16 -0500

In article <telecom23.588.11@telecom-digest.org>, Tim@Backhome.org
wrote:

> The automatic devices for slight speed violations are revenue devices
> for the most part. But, the devices that catch red light runners
> serve a genuine safety purposes.

Ah. So maybe you can explain to me why cities that employ these
devices:

(a) pay nothing for them, and receive commissions from the PRIVATE
OPERATORS who place them; and

(b) change the timing of the lights with such devices, in order to
DRAMATICALLY shorten the time of the yellow light, a change which
drastically increases the likelihood of your getting caught by the
device?

By the way, such a change in timing is:

(a) NOT within national traffic guidelines, and

(b) NOT implemented on traffic lights that DO NOT have such cameras in
place.

Hmmmmm.

Tim, you're wrong. The sole reason for these devices is revenue
enhancement.

If the lawmakers want to make everything I do illegal, then I guess
I'll be a criminal the rest of my life.

Go to Next message: vodkajoe@yahoo.com: "Great Long Distance"
Go to Previous message: Ron Chapman: "Re: Online Research Worries Many Educators"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page