TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: R2 Signalling

Re: R2 Signalling

William Moss (wmoss@nortelnetworks.com)
8 Dec 2004 08:40:48 -0500

In article <telecom23.581.8@telecom-digest.org>, mara
<tomasz.marczuk@sim.com.pl> wrote:

> Hi,

> I have a question. Where are transmitted the multifrequency signals?
> (Time slot 16 uses four status bits for signaling purposes --
> Supervisory Signals). Interregister Signalling -- I don't know. Time
> slot 16 in frame 0 is used for Super Frame alignment. Maybe in the
> next frames (1 through 15)?

MF signals are always inband. The Supervisory signals ("hook state")
are carried in TS 16.

William Moss

Go to Next message: Ernie B.: "Re: Western Electric and Al Capone"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Lingo Voip Isn't Really Cheap"
May be in reply to: mara: "R2 Signalling"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page