TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Countering the "Lingo Sucks" Thread

Re: Countering the "Lingo Sucks" Thread

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:33:38 -0500

Dan Lanciani wrote:

> tkoppel@adelphia.net (Ted Koppel) wrote:

>> If you're going to complain about Lingo, at least do it for real reasons:

>> - still not sending callerID *name* (although they are sending number)
>> on outgoing calls

> So what does it mean to send callerID name on outgoing calls? I was
> under the (mis?)impression that calling name presentation was normally
> implemented by the terminating switch doing a database dip using the
> SS7-passed calling number. I heard some talk of an end-to-end
> version, but I thought it wasn't generally supported.

> Dan Lanciani
> ddl@danlan.*com

Exactly. If the name on caller ID is not coming up, it's not the
sending telco's fault, it's the receiving telco's fault.

Go to Next message: Hank Karl: "Re: Countering the "Lingo Sucks" Thread"
Go to Previous message: Ringo Langly: "Connecting VoIP Device to Home Wiring"
May be in reply to: Ted Koppel: "Countering the "Lingo Sucks" Thread"