TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: GM Auto's OnStar Phone System?

Re: GM Auto's OnStar Phone System?

J Kelly (jkelly@newsguy.com)
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:59:55 -0600

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:20:28 GMT, Jim Burks <jbburks@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Al Dykes <adykes@panix.com> wrote in message

>> Whenever I hear an advert for a GM car that features the built-in
>> phone system I wonder what kind of cell service they use. Someone
>> here proably knows.

>> ISTM that it's got to be analog, for the widest possible coverage, but
>> I thought this was being phased sooner rather than later.

> OnStar uses Verizon Wireless for connectivity. Original version was
> analog only. Current product uses analog/CDMA.

It may also use other carriers, depending on where you live. My
parents both have vehicles with OnStar registered to the same address.
Each vehicle has a number assigned to a different carrier, both of
which are smallish rural carriers.

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Countering the "Lingo Sucks" Thread"
Go to Previous message: sripaiboon@gmail.com: "Re: Another Black Eye For VoIP2"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page