TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Hateful, Ugly Spam!

Hateful, Ugly Spam!

(no name) ((no email))
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:48:07 +0100

Received in my inbox today; just one of several nasty spams:

> Subject: From: Marc in Iraq

> Dear Sir,

> With a very desperate need for assistance, I have summed up courage
> to contact you.

> Presently stationed in Iraq with Army and I will disclose more to you
> later, I found your contact particulars in an address journal.

> I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of $
> 28,500,000 (Twenty eight million, five hundred thousand dollars) to your
> country or any other safe country of your choice, in as much as you can
> assure me that my own share will be safe in your care until I complete
> my service here. This is no stolen money, and there are no dangers
> involved.

> SOURCE OF MONEY: During the war some money in various currencies was
> asked to be packed in barrels with piles of weapons and ammunitions at a
> location near one of Saddam's old palaces during a rescue operation, and
> it was agreed by all party present that the money will be shared amongst
> us, this was quite an illegal thing to do, but I tell you what? no
> compensation can make up for the risks we have taken with our lives in
> this hell hole.

> The above figure was given to me as my share, and to conceal this kind
> of money became a problem for me, so with the help of a German
> contact here,who of course did not know the real contents, I was able to
> get the package out to a safe location entirely out of trouble spot.

> I have now found a secured way of getting the package out to Europe
> for you to pick up, and will discuss this with you when I am sure of
> your sincerity in this.

> I shall be compensating you with 2 Million Dollars on final conclusion
> of this project, while the rest shall be for me.Your share stays with
> you while the rest shall be for me for investment purposes.

> One passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this
> matter with a third party, should you have reasons to reject this
> offer,please destroy this mail as any leakage of this information will be
> too bad for us.

> I do not know for how long we will remain here, and I have survived 2
> suicide bomb attacks by the special grace of God, this and other
> reasons I will mention later has prompted me to reach out for help,
> since like many other soldiers here I may be killed sometime soon. I
> honestly want this matter to be resolved immediately.

> If this proposal is acceptable by you, do not take undue advantage of
> the trust I have bestowed in you, I await your urgent mail so we
> can discuss more.

> Respectfully,
> Marc Someone
> Inviato con :
> TheCentreMail -

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Now isn't this an especially
distasteful twist on the 'help me spend my money' letter? The
reference to was left alone by me as was
the first name 'Marc'. Do whatever you wish with it. Maybe some
DDOS would be a good example for them? You can get a screensaver
tool to do just that from Lycos. PAT]

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Judge Dismisses Some Claims Against Qwest"
Go to Previous message: Fred: "Re: Fuses on Telephone Pole"
May be reply: Rick Merrill: "Re: Hateful, Ugly Spam!"
May be reply: Geoffrey Welsh: "Re: Hateful, Ugly Spam!"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page