TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8 ??

Re: Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8 ??

tgreen (trb_1217@yahoo.com)
29 Nov 2004 15:07:32 -0800

rlangly@gmail.com (Ringo Langly) wrote in message

> charlie@cdsdetroit.com (charlie3) wrote in message

>> I dropped my SBC home phone for Vonage last spring. I'm satisfied. I
>> tested Vonage before dropping the SBC phone and waited until I had a
>> cell phone that worked at home for backup (Verizon). There were a few
>> hiccups and things to sort out but the service is a routine part of
>> life now.

>> Vonage lets me set things up to ring the cell and home phones
>> simultaneously so either phone can be used to take a call. No one
>> needs the cell phone number or even needs to know I have a cell phone.
>> If my broad band connection goes down Vonage automatically forwards to
>> the cell phone. The cell and vonage services are a powerful
>> combination for me.

>> Charlie

> Hi Charlie,

> Thanks for the review! I too like Vonage over Packet8, but Vonage
> isn't in my local area yet. I thought about going ahead with Vonage
> and getting a number from a nearby town (closest is about 30 miles
> away), but long distance is still long distance for friends and family
> in town. If Packet8 doesn't suit my needs I might still drop them and
> go with Vonage anyway because I do like the perks Vonage has over
> Packet8.

> I'll know tomorrow as that's when the Packet8 device is set to arrive.
> After that I'll post some reviews on how well it works.

> Thanks and take care,

> Ringo

Ringo,

I am looking forward to your review. I recently went through a similar
VOIP company comparison and I settled on Sunrocket. They are a new
company, but so far I have had a good experience. I tried them out
because it seemed pretty risk free -- no sign up, activation, or
cancellation charges. I hope you have a good experience. I think
VOIP is going to get pretty big over the next year.

Go to Next message: Shlichter1: "Re: A Burglary Foiled by Calls That Didn't Reach 911"
Go to Previous message: BHAM KAL: "Can't find Linksys IP"
May be in reply to: Ringo Langly: "Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8 ??"