TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8 ??

Re: Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8 ??

charlie3 (charlie@cdsdetroit.com)
26 Nov 2004 20:59:50 -0800

I dropped my SBC home phone for Vonage last spring. I'm satisfied. I
tested Vonage before dropping the SBC phone and waited until I had a
cell phone that worked at home for backup (Verizon). There were a few
hiccups and things to sort out but the service is a routine part of
life now.

Vonage lets me set things up to ring the cell and home phones
simultaneously so either phone can be used to take a call. No one
needs the cell phone number or even needs to know I have a cell phone.
If my broad band connection goes down Vonage automatically forwards to
the cell phone. The cell and vonage services are a powerful
combination for me.

Charlie

Go to Next message: Scott V: "Re: FCC Watching SBC Web Phone Charge"
Go to Previous message: jdj: "Re: Trial Shows How Spammers Operate"
May be in reply to: Ringo Langly: "Dropping SBC For a VoIP Solution -- Vonage or Packet8 ??"