TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?

Re: How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?

Herb Stein (herb@herbstein.com)
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:33:41 -0600

>>> rekingus@yahoo.com (reking) wrote in message
>>> news:<telecom23.561.4@telecom-digest.org>:

>>> If there's a dialtone on the line, hook up a phone and try calling
>>> 1-888-902-9998. It should read back the number of the calling phone.

>>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I tried it just now and it worked fine
>>> on my Vonage line, and also on my cell phone line. PAT]

>> Whoopie! Works from the Great White North also!

>> Who runs this?

> Interestingly it uses Caller ID data, not the BTN. I tried it using my
> Vonage VoIP phone which is currently using virtual number
> 401-608-nnnn, but it passes 401-621-nnnn as Caller ID and that's what
> the 888 number read back to me.

Whwn I call from the number in my sig (Cingular cell), I get 636 536-4107.
Maybe the number of my closest tower?

Herb Stein
herb@herbstein.com
314 952-4601

Go to Next message: Henry: "Re: The Persuaders"
Go to Previous message: Bill Burns: "Re: How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?"
May be in reply to: reking: "How Do I Learn an Unknown Number?"