TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Vonage Tech Support Dead?

Re: Vonage Tech Support Dead?

Tony P. (kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net)
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:49:40 -0500

In article <telecom23.559.6@telecom-digest.org>, Tim@Backhome.org
says:

> DevilsPGD wrote:

>> In message <telecom23.553.9@telecom-digest.org> Tony P.
>> <kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net> wrote:

>>> I've had no problems getting a human the two times I've had to call
>>> Vonage. But the hold times are on the high side.

>>> On my last call to them I waited for 45 minutes before getting a human
>>> being.

>> I've never had problems before. I don't mind hold time, I have a good
>> speakerphone, but this time I can't even get into the hold queue.

> I've been a customer since March 2003. Tech support has gone from
> very good to terrible. Yesterday, my voicemail box was locked out for
> over an hour. I finally called tech support and was told by a
> recording to use the web. I used the web and received no response as
> of 24 hours later.

> With that kind of service the LECs are quite dead yet.

Ah, explosive growth without proper planning. I would hope Vonage
management types read this group and learn a thing or two.

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Couple of Basic Cellular Questions"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Sears and K-Mart"
May be in reply to: DevilsPGD: "Vonage Tech Support Dead?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page