TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Anyone Having any Luck With Google Ads?

Anyone Having any Luck With Google Ads?

TELECOM Digest Editor (ptownson@telecom-digest.org)
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 01:29:43 EST

I just want to make a general inquiry of those of you who may be using
Google Adsense on your own web sites. I have not had very good luck
with it thus far. Although I have three blocks, or clusters of ads on
the 'latest-issue.html' page (which is the web version of whatever the
latest issue happens to be of this Digest) often times Google sends
one cluster of ads for teh horizonal block or cluster on the top, but
then sends nothign at all for the vertical 'towers' on the left side
of the page, just leaving green colored blocks there instead. I have
complained to them twice before about it, then it gets corrected for a
day ro two and goes back to being green blocks. My technical advisor,
Mr. Mattox, rebuilt that page totally to accomodate the (frequently
non-existent) ads. Needless to say, people do not click on the green
boxes, so it is wasted space and sort of leaves the page looking
lopsided.

My other comment is they apparently do not pay off until you get at
least a hundred dollars in combination of clicks on ads and use of
search box (and clicks on those ads), **then** they say they deduct
their cost of running the search engine from that. I would think
running the search engine should be their expense, not mine. I am
sort of inclined to just get rid of all those ads and go back to the
old way of doing this Digest. Any thoughts from anyone on this? Plus
I do not think they are very accurate in the way the go about counting
the number of impressions or 'hits' on each page. What are your
experiences?

PAT

Go to Next message: Telecom dailyLead From USTA: "Telcordia to Announce Sale"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Minter: "SBC To File Tariff With FCC For New VoIP Service"
May be reply: Michael A. Covington: "Re: Anyone Having any Luck With Google Ads?"
May be reply: Jeffrey Mattox: "Re: Anyone Having any Luck With Google Ads?"
May be reply: Gary Breuckman: "Re: Anyone Having any Luck With Google Ads?"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Anyone Having any Luck With Google Ads?"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Anyone Having any Luck With Google Ads?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page