TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'

Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'

Rick Merrill (RickMerrill@comTHROW.net)
Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:50:29 GMT

DevilsPGD wrote:

>>> I'm curious, is there a requirement that the bank which accepted the
>>> cheque store it for any period of time?

>> Quite the reverse actually. If they send the check along
>> electronically, then the original is destroyed.

> Interesting -- So if I say I wrote a different dollar value on the
> cheque, and the electronic copy isn't sufficient to provide proof one
> way or the other, does the transfer of funds get reversed?

Hopefully you have your record (or write once) copy. The thing is,
would you notice if the check was changed from 10 to 100$? Many people
do not check that closely. - RM

Go to Next message: BobGoudreau@withheld: "Re: Pre-Recorded Phone Should be Illegal"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'"