TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: VPN Over Vonage Router

VPN Over Vonage Router

Mike Kraley (mike@kraley.com)
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:50:13 -0400

I have a Linksys RT31P2 router for my Vonage VOIP
connection. Everything else works fine, but I cannot establish a
vanilla Microsoft VPN connection thru it. Topology is my computer to
Linksys to cable modem thru internet to VPN server. I could easily
establish a connection with my previous router (DLINK DI-624) where
the Linksys is now.

Now, however, I get hung at the "verifying username and password"
prompt. Googling this says the likely culprit is that PPTP passthru
is not enabled in the router; however, this router gives such an
option in its menus and it is enabled.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

....Mike

Go to Next message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Delphi, XM Unveil Handheld Satellite"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Sneaky Spyware Becomes Internet Scourge"
May be reply: Rick Merrill: "Re: VPN Over Vonage Router"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page