TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Linux Asterisk embedded PBX, HELP!!

Re: Linux Asterisk embedded PBX, HELP!!

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:39:29 -0400

Vish wrote:

> Hi again folks,

> Is there a PBX which is Linux/Asterisk based that can work independent
> of a PC? A PBX with embedded Linux OS and Asterisk that can be
> configured locally initialy with a PC, (later works independent of the
> PC). The device must also be subsequently configurable remotely via
> the internet (VPN if required). Maybe I am just dreaming but am new to
> this. Any help appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Vish

Um, yeah. You are just dreaming.

Consider this -- would not a low end PC generally be cheaper than an
embedded system anyway? Making it into an embedded system would make
it more expensive, since the embedded system would have all the
componenets of a PC anyway (it would essentially be a PC in a special
case).

Go to Next message: Jay Hennigan: "Re: Linux Asterisk embedded PBX, HELP!!"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Minter: "New Electronic Check Law Sinks 'Float'"
May be in reply to: Vish: "Linux Asterisk embedded PBX, HELP!!"