TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: What Happened to Channel 1?

Re: What Happened to Channel 1?

DevilsPGD (devilspgd@crazyhat.net)
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:06:43 -0600

Michael Muderick wrote:

> Channel 1 did appear on some early tv's. I have an RCA TK-630
> Eyewitness television that has Channel 1. I think it was given back
> to government. mm

Interestingly enough, channel 1 is making somewhat of a comeback since
in a digital environment any channel can be used without regards to
what frequency the channel uses.

Shaw cable is (or was, I don't have my TV connected to my DCT right
now) using channel 1 as a digital channel for themselves. Analog
cable still starts at 2 though.

Next on FOX, all new REALITY SHOW promises to be a hit:
"STOP A BULLET WITH YOUR HEAD"

Go to Next message: Fritz Whittington: "Re: Callsigns and Horse Teeth"
Go to Previous message: Fred Atkinson, WB4AEJ: "Re: What Happened to Channel 1?"
May be in reply to: Andrea: "What Happened to Channel 1?"