TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: We've Come So Far ...

Re: We've Come So Far ...

Rick Merrill (rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com)
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:48:25 -0400

John Mayson wrote:

> Yes, but what drove the PC industry to give us better computers at lower
> prices? Competition. ...

That analogy is just so untrue for the period of time from 1960 to
1980 when the technology accelerated so fast that companies competed
with their own products and integrated circuit technology lowered
costs exponentially. But maybe you're talking about 1990 to present

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Re: "All the President's Men" (Still More Movie Phone Trivial)"
Go to Previous message: Mark Crispin: "Re: We've Come So Far ..."
May be in reply to: John Mayson: "We've Come So Far ..."