TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: eHarmony Sued For Discriminatory Actions

Re: eHarmony Sued For Discriminatory Actions

John David Galt (jdg@diogenes.sacramento.ca.us)
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 00:39:50 -0700

Mark Atwood wrote:

> I *am* a member of (and lord help me, even a leader of sorts) in the
> "LGBT Community", and I have to agree with Fred. Relationships are
> the most personal of things, and forcing someone to take part in them,
> when they expressly don't want to, is worse than counter productive.

Totally agree.

More to the point, this is the kind of problem that the market can
solve better, faster, and cheaper than any "solution" a court or
legislature might produce. At least one competing site, chemistry.com
(which is open to all persuasions), has already started a major ad
campaign aimed at people turned down by eHarmony, offering (IIRC) two
weeks free.

This is why the free market will ultimately prevail. Every problem is
an opportunity for somebody to make money.

Go to Next message: cerberus.perillo@gmail.com: "Phone Multiplexer Failures, Power Outages, and VOIP Firewall Problems"
Go to Previous message: communicationsdirect: "CommunicationsDirect News Daily Update"
May be in reply to: Jill Serjeant, Reuters: "eHarmony Sued For Discriminatory Actions"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page