TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Make a Passive Cell Phone Repeater?

Re: Make a Passive Cell Phone Repeater?

Howard Eisenhauer (howarde@REMOVECAPShfx.eastlink.ca)
Sat, 19 May 2007 00:32:23 GMT

Easy enough to figure out -- look up the loss at the frequency of
interest for the coax used, multiply by coax length then add the
antenna(s) gain minus free space path loss between the downlink side
antenna and the phone. As long as the total loss is less than what is
lost coming through the wall you're a winner :).

H.

On Fri, 18 May 2007 01:11:58 -0000, bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com
(Robert Bonomi) wrote:

> In article <telecom26.137.1@telecom-digest.org>,
> mc <look@www.ai.uga.edu.for.address> wrote:

>> Has anyone successfully homemade a passive repeater for cell phones?
>> It ought to be simple -- just an antenna inside the shielded area
>> (which in my case is part of my house that has foil insulation) cabled
>> to an antenna just like it on the outside.

> Care to take a guess at the losses in such a system?

Go to Next message: The Kaminsky Family: "Telecom (off topic) - Re: Clean Technology Bigger than Internet"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Cincinnati Bell and SNET (was Cingular & at&t)"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page