TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: George the Jack Russell Terrior Dies a Hero Saving Chidren

Re: George the Jack Russell Terrior Dies a Hero Saving Chidren

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sat, 5 May 2007 21:39:08 +0000 (UTC)

In article <telecom26.120.10@telecom-digest.org>, Matt Simpson wrote:

> Jack Russells are known for being stupid and aggressive, frequently
> attacking much larger dogs

Our Sheltie and our Jackie go at it sometimes, but only when they're
inside. The Sheltie is about 12 years old and she's going to probably
die soon, and the terrier is alpha, as is the Sheltie, so these are
turf wars. :) The little one doesn't seem aggressive towards other
dogs, nor even towards the Sheltie when they're outside the house.

I'll grant you that our terrier is DEFINITELY brainless, though. :)

Just one data point -- and the little boy is a rescue (we found him at
my wife's school) so we're not sure he's 100% Jack.

> A likely scenario is that the kids were out for a walk with their
> stupid little rat dog which decided to attack the pit bulls, and the
> pit bulls fought back.

It's possible, but that's a hard call to make unless you knew that dog.

> Notice that the kids were not hurt at all. If the pit bulls had
> really been going after them, they would have ignored stupid little
> rat dog and gone after the kids when they ran away. With the kids
> gone, little rat dog wasn't defending them, he was just acting like
> a Jack Russell.

I'll concede that that IS how it sounds, judging from the info that
was posted.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I've had a 'min pin' around here for a
few months now. (Actually, the dog belongs to Raymond who stays here
to look out for me.) I also have three female cats (all 'fixed'); the
oldest (Missie) being four years old, Callie (because she is a calico)
and Sassie are about three years old. The three cats put up with
Willie, the minature pincher, who is alpha among them, but they tend
to scream, squall and slap at him most days when he tries to boss them
around too much. If any of the cats decides to sit on my lap, Willie
gets insanely jealous. PAT]

Go to Next message: Sumner Lemon, IDG News: "Out-Googling Google"
Go to Previous message: Tom Horne, Electrician: "Re: George the Jack Russell Terrior Dies a Hero Saving Chidren"
May be in reply to: Richard Wood and Jayne Hulbert: "George the Jack Russell Terrior Dies a Hero Saving Chidren"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page