TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon

Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon

Carl Navarro (cnavarro@wcnet.org)
Sat, 05 May 2007 10:18:19 -0400

On 3 May 2007 04:38:52 -0700, zalek <ZalekBloom@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am pissed off with my current ISP -- Time Warner Road Runner -- they
> cut back on technicians and now I have to wait one week for
> appointment. I checked with Verizon DSL -- they they established new
> policy that email address must be alphanumeric. I can understand that
> in every company can sit very powerfull idiot that cannot comprehend
> that email address is very personal and people/companies want very
> specific name -- but it is a disgrace that in Verizon there is no even
> one smart person that could explain to this powerful idiot the meaning
> of email address. Anyway -- what other options with decent ISP we
> have in NYC? Any recommendations?

I've had Time Worthless for about 5 years now. I can count the major
down time on one hand and the tech has been out exactly once. And
you're pissed off at them for what reason?

Either you have a very shaky connection, or you need to learn to help
yourself. Tech support is stupid, but sometimes, they have the
answers to routing questions. My e-mail remains with my original ISP
and it's relayed through TW. My honey's email is relayed through our
ISP to her RR mailbox, so sometimes we need TS to get through the maze
when it burps.

Since you live in NYC, it's unlikely that there is only ONE ISP in
your area. Try Google, or wait, let us do the work for you.
http://www.dslprime.com/Providers/DSLmap/NY/ny.html

Carl

Go to Next message: Steven J. Sobol: "Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon"
Go to Previous message: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon"
May be in reply to: zalek: "Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon"