TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

jsw (jsw@ivgate.omahug.org)
Thu, 3 May 2007 13:42:47 CDT

About a year ago or so I was involved in setting up an intercorporate
PVC between a client's network and one of our networks. We got
together on the phone and we agreed on an addressing strategy which
would work for both companies. I asked him to please confirm the
address space in e-mail and we would get going on the project.

I never got the confirmation and on the next conference call he said
that he had sent it. I looked again, and nothing. He resent, again
nothing. I then asked him to send to my home e-mail address and
BINGO, it appeared within a few seconds.

One sentence in his mail was to this effect:

'As we discussed, we will use the address space 192.168.42.xxx for the
LAN at your facility.'

Yes, you guessed it, our mail filters caught the 'xxx' and thought it
was something nasty and dropped it.

It was somewhat embarrassing on our part.

Good day JSW

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"
Go to Previous message: Steven J. Sobol: "Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon"
May be in reply to: Duetche Presse Agentur: "Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"