TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay

www.Queensbridge.us (NOTvalid@Queensbridge.us)
2 May 2007 12:14:18 -0700

On May 1, 5:17 pm, John Mayson <j...@mayson.us> wrote:

> John Mayson wrote:

>> And for a "laster" laugh ...
>> Someone inside my company got a notice for inappropriate email for
>> sending this very article.
>> Political correctness run amok I suppose.
>> John Mayson <j...@mayson.us>
>> Austin, Texas, USA

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: No, not 'political correctness' run
>> amok but an overabundance of spam/scam which makes email filters
>> necessary. This is a perfect example of why email/web site filters do
>> _not_ work as they should. People who attempt to legitimatly discuss
>> ED (erectile disfunction) run into the same problems on the web as the
>> people who wish to legiimatly discuss breast cancer. It cannot be done
>> without having to fend off _thousands_ of email items from jackasses.
>> PAT]

> Point taken.

> My wife is a school teacher. I had hurt my back and I sent her an
> email describing the pain as "throbbing" which was immediately
> rejected by her system's spam filter.

> Some people who graduated "magna cum laude" have had their resumes rejected.

> What I meant by "political correctness" was humans go to such lengths
> not to offend (and expose themselves to lawsuits) that they program
> computers to go to ridiculous lengths to "protect" us from each other.

> John Mayson <j...@mayson.us>
> Austin, Texas, USA

I have a Yahoo Group where in a main page description about outages of
hot water heaters I mentioned plug-in heaters to put in pails as are
used in a barnyard. "Barnyard" caused a rejection of my Yahoo Group
main page update.

Trying to mention the TV show "Sex in the City" caused same problem.

I anxiously await Google Groups to be able to replace Yahoo Groups

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: So the Yahoo people have all become
idiots in recent years ... so what else is old news? The real problem
is the amount of spam and the spam-enablers who keep insisting that
filters are the solution. PAT]

Go to Next message: Nedra Pickler, Associated Press: "Barack Obama Takes Control of Private MySpace Page"
Go to Previous message: mc: "Re: Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"
May be in reply to: Duetche Presse Agentur: "Last Laugh! Telecom New Zealand Tells Woman Her Name is Gay"