TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sony to Launch Video Sharing Network on Friday

Re: Sony to Launch Video Sharing Network on Friday

David O'Heare (oheare@magma.ca)
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 12:12:13 -0400

Reuters News Wire <reuters@telecom-digest.org> wrote in message

> Sony Corp said on Thursday it will launch a video-sharing site in
> Japan on Friday, marking the electronics and entertainment firm's
> first step towards challenging Google Inc.'s YouTube service.

My immediate thought is that this is yet another chance for Sony to
shoot themselves in their collective foot.

I, for one, will avoid it with all my might. Having been caught by a
couple of Sony's recent messings with my equipment, and having seen no
evidence that Sony is really trying to fix things for the consumer, I
can not believe that this is a good thing for me.

Dave O'Heare
oheareATmagmaDOTca

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Alex Bell and President Garfield's Assassination"
Go to Previous message: Neal McLain: "Motorola to Demo Set-Tops with Antennas"
May be in reply to: Reuters News Wire: "Sony to Launch Video Sharing Network on Friday"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page