TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Exactly Who is Perverted

Re: Exactly Who is Perverted

Mark Atwood (
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:43:23 GMT

Sam Spade <> writes:

>> Male Mormon Missionaries go on their two year mission no younger than
>> age 19, and 21 for females.

> The reference was 16 year old males. Two years or three years doesn't
> make much, if any, of a difference. The point is, they are supervised
> then unlike at age 16 when roaming the streets of Salt Lake City.

Only a minority of LDS live in Utah, and the majority of residents of
Salt Lake City are not LDS.

And the idly dismissing of the differences between a 16yo boys and a
19-21yo young men is the hallmark of a cantankerous old grump, who's
opinions of the motivations of teenagers is of suspect quality (and I
say that as a potential cantankerous old grump who thinks that
teenagers are Too Damn Young for most purposes...).

Mark Atwood When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe so, but I have also been informed
that the State of Utah social services department is rather perplexed
at times by the situations they deal with among LDS young people; also
I have been told that the social services function of the LDS Church
dwarfs that of the State of Utah. Imagine, if you will, a church's own
social services department which equals or exceeds the same number of
employees than its state counterpart. Also, is it true that although
LDS people are _slightly_ in the minority now in Utah, the _majority_
of the public servants in the state of Utah are in fact LDS? In other
words, LDS is a very significant factor to deal with in the state. PAT]

Go to Next message: T: "Re: Phone Repairs Continue in Flooded New Hampshire"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Ruling: Vonage Can Sign up Customers, For Now"
May be in reply to: Sam Spade: "Exactly Who is Perverted"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page