TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Exactly Who is Perverted Justice.com

Re: Exactly Who is Perverted Justice.com

Mark Atwood (me@mark.atwood.name)
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:43:23 GMT

Sam Spade <sam@coldmail.com> writes:

>> Male Mormon Missionaries go on their two year mission no younger than
>> age 19, and 21 for females.

> The reference was 16 year old males. Two years or three years doesn't
> make much, if any, of a difference. The point is, they are supervised
> then unlike at age 16 when roaming the streets of Salt Lake City.

Only a minority of LDS live in Utah, and the majority of residents of
Salt Lake City are not LDS.

And the idly dismissing of the differences between a 16yo boys and a
19-21yo young men is the hallmark of a cantankerous old grump, who's
opinions of the motivations of teenagers is of suspect quality (and I
say that as a potential cantankerous old grump who thinks that
teenagers are Too Damn Young for most purposes...).

Mark Atwood When you do things right, people won't be sure
me@mark.atwood.name you've done anything at all.
http://mark.atwood.name/ http://fallenpegasus.livejournal.com/

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe so, but I have also been informed
that the State of Utah social services department is rather perplexed
at times by the situations they deal with among LDS young people; also
I have been told that the social services function of the LDS Church
dwarfs that of the State of Utah. Imagine, if you will, a church's own
social services department which equals or exceeds the same number of
employees than its state counterpart. Also, is it true that although
LDS people are _slightly_ in the minority now in Utah, the _majority_
of the public servants in the state of Utah are in fact LDS? In other
words, LDS is a very significant factor to deal with in the state. PAT]

Go to Next message: T: "Re: Phone Repairs Continue in Flooded New Hampshire"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Ruling: Vonage Can Sign up Customers, For Now"
May be in reply to: Sam Spade: "Exactly Who is Perverted Justice.com"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page