TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Phone Repairs Continue in Flooded New Hampshire

Re: Phone Repairs Continue in Flooded New Hampshire

Steven J. Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 04:31:15 UTC

In article <telecom26.108.11@telecom-digest.org>, Paul wrote:

> And meanwhile, Verizon shamelessly continues its "It's ON!" advertising
> about their landline service, which was not even true BEFORE the
> flooding!

> Airing those ads NOW is especially insulting to the victims of the
> current outage.

It's irrelevant to many people, anyhow. My new Charter Cable
phone-over-fiber service goes out if the power goes out. My Verizon
traditional phone-over-copper line had battery backup at the CO, but it
didn't matter to us anyhow, since our only landline handset is cordless!

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

Go to Next message: Sam Spade: "Re: Exactly Who is Perverted Justice.com"
Go to Previous message: UHF: "Re: From Many Tweets, One Loud Voice on the Internet"
May be in reply to: New York Times News Wire: "Phone Repairs Continue in Flooded New Hampshire"