TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Google Web History

Re: Google Web History

John Mayson (john@mayson.us)
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:30:28 -0500

Monty Solomon wrote:

> How does Web History work? All you need is a Google Account and the
> Google Toolbar with PageRank enabled. The Toolbar, as part of your
> browser, helps us associate the pages you visit with your Google
> Account. If you're currently a Search History user, you'll notice
> that we've renamed Search History to Web History to reflect this new
> functionality. To sign up for Web History, visit
> http://www.google.com/history .

I have been using de.icio.us for several months now to store my colossal
collection of bookmarks. I'm starting to wonder though if Google
history isn't better. I don't have to worry about bookmarking. At my
leisure I could go back and review where I've been and tag anything I
find appealing and save it into my Google bookmarks. OTOH, in the
spirit of David Allen's "Getting Things Done" philosophy I'm better off
bookmarking it when I'm on the page because I'll never get around to
browsing my history.

John Mayson <john@mayson.us>
Austin, Texas, USA

Go to Next message: UHF: "Re: From Many Tweets, One Loud Voice on the Internet"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "AT&T Benefits From BellSouth, Wireless Merger"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Google Web History"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page