TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Fred Phelps Fax Machine Antics

Re: Fred Phelps Fax Machine Antics

William Warren (
Tue, 03 Apr 2007 21:07:27 -0400

editor wrote:

> Dear Mr. Townson:

> I am employed as a spokesperson and administrator for Sweden's royal
> family. Is it possible that your newsletter readers can help? I can
> confirm that American preacher Rev Fred Phelps has been faxing hate
> messages to us frequently, calling us 'gay faggots' and worse.

The best advice to give Nina is to work through the U.S. State
department, which is responsible for such matters: I'm sure the Swedish
Royal Family has access to the equivalent government bureau in Sweden,
so her best option is to involve them.

(Filter noise from my address for direct replies)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I am afraid, William, this has gone far
beyond the point of no-return. You see, the United States has a big
problem with the First Amendment getting in the way.

Continue reading .... PAT]

Go to Next message: Patrick Townson: "King of Sweden vrs. Fred Phelps"
Go to Previous message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Fred Phelps Fax Machine Antics"
May be in reply to: editor: "Fred Phelps Fax Machine Antics"